July 28, 2015
Did you miss the Open Discovery Space Conference in May in Brussels? Do you want to learn more about our speakers and their views on education? Then have a look at our video interviews!
During the ODS “Open Innovation in Schools: Bringing Digital Policy into Practice” conference, organised on 11 May in Brussels, over 70 participants representing the ODS consortium, the EU institutions, Member States and participating schools and universities, together with a range of interested stakeholder organisations, had the opportunity to discover how ODS is bringing innovation in schools all across the continent. Speakers and participants shared their experiences and successes of the project and exchanged views on how innovation can help education and support students in gaining the skills needed for their future.
Moreover, several of the conference speakers were interviewed in order to allow everyone who might have missed the conference to learn how the project and the EU are fostering innovation in schools, both on the ground and at the policy-making level. Interviewees include:
- Patricia Manson, Head of Unit, G.4 Inclusion, Skills and Youth, DG CONNECT, European Commission
- Gérald Santucci, Head of Unit, 02 Knowledge Sharing, DG CONNECT, European Commission
- Konstantin Scheller, Policy Officer, B.3 Innovation in Education, EIT and MSCA, DG EAC, European Commission
- Yoomi Renström, Chair, Commission for Social Policy, Education, Employment, Research and Culture, Committee of the Regions
- Christian M. Stracke, Associate Professor for Open Education and Innovation, Open University of the Netherlands
- Eric Demoncheaux, Head of Science Faculty, Battle Abbey School
Author : ODS_EU